Image Hosted At MyspaceGens

Monday, September 3, 2012

Back to school

Well, this is a truly emotional year for me.
My oldest son is starting Kindergarten and my youngest son is starting Preschool.
I thought I'd be jumping for joy, but turns out I'm pretty emotional about the whole thing.

It's not like I'm going to get the 'me' time I thought .. and I'll be bored.  Turns out that on the days that Preschool inter-laps with Kindergarten I'll pretty much be back and forth in the car with maybe an hour an a half to myself ... just think grocery shopping and small errands by myself. :)

In anticipation of school starting later this week I've created a banner to celebrate that first day.  My plan is to have my kids stand with the border holding the sign that states what grade they are starting.  I used "First day of School" so I could use this banner every year and just make a new sign for them to hold.

I hope you enjoy my project for today.


To create the banner I've used the following paper piecing pattern files from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs:


I've also used:
Trendy Twine in chocolate truffle
Misc. Ribbons from Michaels
American Crafts solid papers
Pearl accents from Want 2 Scrap

Thanks for stopping by today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...