Image Hosted At MyspaceGens

Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall Greetings

Well, it's that time of year when the weather gets crisp, we pull out the jeans and sweaters (and socks!) and prepare for pumpkin carving, corn mazes and apple eating :)

Here in Seattle the morning and evenings are crisp, but we are having some really fantastic sunny, warm days!  I am loving every second of it!

To kick off the Season I made a fun card for the latest Little Scraps of Heaven Designs Design Team challenge.  This week it the challenge it to use something old.  You can get all the details on the challenge HERE.

I admit it ... I really struggled with this ... you know how we crafters are ... we have LOADS of stuff (Me included) in our stash.  I made the effort .. I flipped through my old papers, looked through old old stickers and embellishments ... but I just COULD NOT get inspired :(   I hate to do projects just to do them.  I need an inspiration to motivate me .... then it hit me .... MY something old could be one of the OLDEST patterns sets that I had that was made by LSHD!

SO .... here it its .... It's a simple crow.  SO cute .. but simple.  I chose to take this little guy and turn him into a fun fall card.

As I searched and searched I could not find this poor little crow on the website ... so it must be really old!  My file was dated August of 2009.

Here is a cute pic of what the file looked like

And here is how I jazzed this crow up for our weekly challenge:


For this card I used:
- Past freebie Crow from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs (sorry, the design is no longer available for sale)
- Really old glitter ribbon


Thanks for stopping by today! 
I hope you'll join in on our challenge this week!

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...