Image Hosted At MyspaceGens

Friday, April 1, 2011

Spring Banner

Today is Friday, and do you know what Friday is?

It's the Little Scraps of Heaven Design team challenge!   

I was looking forward to this challenge all week.  I had my project planned out in my head.  I was going to get it completed early, and it was going to be so fabulous.  Well, we ended up having a busy week (so having the plan in my head helped .. not to mention having the products I needed on hand), I started it Thursday night at 10pm (since my one year old is teething and decided he WOULD NOT go to sleep until completely exhausted at 9:45pm), and I DO think it looks pretty great for a late night project :)

The project of the week was to simply create something that was NOT a card, NOT a layout, NOT an album, or NOT a paper piecing item.

Here is my project:

In a perfect world, I'd have beautiful fresh flowers on each side of my hearth:


Perhaps some unique handmade pottery items:


and maybe a beautiful white lounge chair


 But my REAL world looks like this.

A curious look


determines that he needs to take one more look (a closer look)


as he takes the closer look he realizes that this banner is in the way of his "performances" as he often uses the hearth as a stage.

And when one climbs up ....


the other MUST follow!

This is my life!  It's not perfect, but I love it!


Now, here are some close ups of the banner







For the banner I used two separate files from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs
- Noah's art collection for the bird
- Daisy potted plant (Note that this is the current FREEBIE)

I hope that you've enjoyed my weekly design team challenge.   YOU TOO can enter on the Little Scraps of Heaven FaceBook Fanpage!  

And don't forget to check out ALL the design team projects on the Little Scraps of Heaven Design Team Blog.

Happy Spring everyone!







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful life and a very pretty banner! TFS! Your boys look adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...