Image Hosted At MyspaceGens

Friday, January 28, 2011

My second attempt

Sometimes I can really drive myself crazy.  I can look something over and find every little thing wrong with it .. especially if it is something that I create.  In my last post you saw my entry for the Precious Piecings/Paper Cuts Club digi stamp challenge.  If you recall, I stated that it was not my favorite piece... and that bothered me.  Well, it bothered me so much that I decided to re-do my card.  I really don't know if I can even enter a second card, but that is not the point.  I really wanted to work on my shading.  The best way I could think of comparing my work was to simply color another bride stamp .. and why not take it to the next level and just make the card?  Well, that is exactly what I did ... and this is what you get...

This is my first card
                                
                                        This is my second card.  I really like
                                      this one much better!
This is the first card
(I hated that I grabbed that tea dye at the last minute!)



This is the second card.
Again, I like everything about this one better!


The inside of the first card
The inside of the second card

So, now I can put this challenge to bed ... and maybe myself too ... whew, I'm tired.

I'd love to know your thoughts on my cards!  Comments are great!  Thanks.


  





3 comments:

  1. Dawn, you are too hard on yourself. They are both beautiful. I actually like the first one the best but thats just me. You do awesome work! Hope you are having fun on your vacation.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we are all our own worst critique, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like both but I know what it feels like when your putting something together and it just don't feel quite right. I'm glad you were able to to walk away satisfy... I can't sleep 'till its right LOL Great work by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...