Image Hosted At MyspaceGens

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Precious Piecing's Digi Stamp Challenge








So, this week I decided to enter the Precious Piecings's Digital Stamp Challenge.  The challenge was to simply take the FREE bride digital stamp and use it in something useful.  My choice - another easel card.

For me, this challenge is helping me with a goal of my own.  If you remember earlier I posted about some personal challenges for me, and this ties directly to all three of mine -  Card, usage of stamps and new technique.

I think I'm getting the hang of making cards, and I really do like it!  You may just be seeing more cards in my future.  For this challenge I used the FREE stamp that Lisa provided on her site, so here is another one for my growing collection.   I've found all kinds of free digi stamps out there and need to put them to good use.  Lastly, the new technique I used with with my Prismacolor colored pencils.  I love these pencils and use them all the time, but I needed a way to blend them better.... kinda the look of copics without the huge expense.  For me, investing in copics is simply unimaginable right now, at least until I perfect this pencil blending skill *wink*  *wink*. Again, I found a tutorial that we really helpful to me here.


I did have fun making this card, although I have to admit that it's not my favorite.  But, that is usually the case when I am trying something new for the first time.   I may have another go at coloring this beautiful bride if I can find the time.   Entry's for this challenge are due by Jan 31, 2011 so if you are interested ... go grab that free stamp!


If you are interested in some of the products that I used, here they are:
1. Precious Piecings Digi Stamp
2. Patterned paper by Reminisce
3. Diamond dust for sparkle
4. Stickles - Color, Crystal
5. Prismacolor colored pencils
6. Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Tea dye


I hope that you all are enjoying your day!
~Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...