Image Hosted At MyspaceGens

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Beauty - A vertical border with a digi stamp

Well .. I did it ... I FINALLY did it.... I mean I've only been THINKING about it for forever ...

It feels so good to have it done and I must admit I'm extremely pleased with it.

I've always wanted to get better at my shading .. and I've decided to branch out from the paper piecing into the world of digi stamps.

AND here is what I've created:
It's a vertical border.  I combined paper piecing techniques to give the dimension that I love oh so much with the digi stamp.  I think I pulled it off ... I think it's cute ... HECK, I LOVE IT .. he he

Now, I know my coloring is very amateurish.  And I do need some improvement in the shading/light source areas.  BUT .. for me .. doing is learning ... and no better way to 'DO' than to practice..



Here is the full border.  It measures 12" high x 5" wide

A close up of the sun and clouds paper piecing

The title

The girl
 A side dimensional view

Feel free to leave your comments and criticisms .. I'd love to hear them and am open to ALL suggestions!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Supplies used:
1. Digi Stamp by Tiddly Inks ~ Poppy
2. Misc copic markers
3. Patterned paper by Heidi Grace
4. Paper piecing patterns from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs ~ Sun from Out 2 Sea
5. Twine from Trendy Twine - Lemon Tart
6. Clearsnap colorbox chalk inks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This vertical border is available for purchase HERE.

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today.
Take care.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Finally I got a webρage from ωhere I can in fact get usеful infoгmation regагding my ѕtudy
    and κnоwledgе.

    mу page :: Engagement Rings
    my web site > Engagement Rings

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...