Image Hosted At MyspaceGens

Monday, October 8, 2012

ATC Card challenge

It's Monday .. and that means a new challenge is up at Little Scraps of Heaven Designs.
Challenges are good for me .. it gets me thinking outside the little box that I have going on in my head that says cards, layouts, cards, layouts, cards, layouts .. you get it.

A challenge always inspires me even if it can be frustrating or intimidating.

A while back .. gosh, probably a year or more .. we had an ATC swap challenge over at LSHD.  I freaked out about it ... working with such a small space (2 1/2 inches x 3 1/2 inches) was VERY intimidating to me .. especially when I needed to include a paper piecing on it.  I really had a lot of fun with that challenge.... so much .... that I suggested this challenge for this week!  :)

HERE is a good link to learn about Artist Trading Cards (ATC).

Here are 3 ATC's that I've created for this week.
You can find all the details on this challenge, as always, on the DT blog HERE.



Here are some close ups of each of the cards:




I am really happy on how each of these turned out.
I actually broke into a pack of paper that I've been hoarding for that 'perfect' paper to create these.  I'll admit it .. that as I was cutting these tiny pieces from a large 12x12 paper I was having a bit of a heart attack .. eek!  But .. I have never been happier with the results and I DO NOT regret breaking through that plastic wrapping at all!  :)


Now ... anyone want to swap with me?  I'd love to actually swap these.  Let me know by sending me an email at designsthatdelight@gmail.com!!

 For this project I used the following products:
1. Paper pack from Three Bugs in a Rug - "Blast Off"
2. Paper piecing patterns from Little Scraps of Heaven Designs - "To the Moon"
3. Trendy twine - "Lemon Tart"
4. Misc. Clearsnap Colorbox chalk inks
6. Rhinestones from Want2Scrap

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  Hope to see you on the LSHD FB page participating in our challenge this week.





1 comment:

  1. Wow, Dawn, these are so cute. Love the space theme. And thanks for the touch of Trendy Twine :)

    Lesley
    Trendy Twine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...