Image Hosted At MyspaceGens

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Scrapbook room organization

I'm in the mist of re-organizing my scrapping space.  I always feel like I can be more efficient, but finding the time to dedicate to tearing my room apart just to rebuild it is hard.   I've had a little time this week with my parents in town :)  and have decided to put that time to good use.

So .. I started with an Ikea trip and bought a few of these



EXPEDIT Bookcase, black-brown Width: 31 1/8 " Depth: 15 3/8 " Height: 58 5/8 " Max load/shelf: 29 lb  Width: 79 cm Depth: 39 cm Height: 149 cm Max load/shelf: 13 kg
FINTORP Cutlery caddy, white, black Diameter: 5 1/8 " Height: 5 1/8 "  Diameter: 13 cm Height: 13 cm

FINTORP Rail, black Length: 31 " Diameter: ¾ "  Length: 79 cm Diameter: 1.6 cm














But of course I got sidetracked.   You know these


I just had them all thrown in a box.  I hated sifting through them, yet they are something I use EVERY time I craft.  I searched high an low on the information super highway (as my hubby refers to it) to find a good storage solution and could not find it.    Well, I was browsing through Ben Franklin (my local craft store) the other day just wasting time.  I did not need anything, but I was looking for 'something'.  That's when it hit me.   I stumbled upon some small magnets similar to these

ProMAG 3/4" Round Magnet 50-Pack

Take one of these ... add a dot of hot glue to the back



Add that to a dry erase magnet board that I already had .. and here is what you get


I LOVE it!  I can see it all.  Well, I can't see it all quite yet as I have to get some more magnets :)  But you get the picture!

Oh, and another project that is ongoing is ribbon storage.  My friend Nancie shared her idea with me, and I love it.  Again, I can see it all, but it still looks neat and clean.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome ideas Dawn! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! I love the magnet board thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These ideas are awesome! I especially like the magnets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas. I love organizing. that is one of my favorite things.
    alisha.moorenielsen@gmail.com
    http://scrappin-happens.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas!!! We've been redoing my scrap room all summer (from the ground up) and it's almost finished!! I LOVE seeing other people's cool ideas like yours! Thank you!

    Amy E.
    scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing the things from IKEA for scraprooms. It always amazes me what department they piece comes from.

    Have you seen the rods from the kitchen department that are EXCELLENT for holding MS border punches and other single punches? That bars can also hold the wire baskets that hold ribbon or small spice jars that we all know hold things. There are also plastic cups that can go on the rod for holding markers and scissors and things like that. That was the best change I made in my room!! Well it's the only thing right now that's done in my room

    Keep up the great work

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is often moreover a fairly good blog post that we certainly cherished analyzing. Not necessarily every single day which enjoy the chances to find a product. scrapbook paper

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...