Image Hosted At MyspaceGens

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Shrinky Dinks

REMEMBER THESE?
They were a magical part of my childhood.  I have memories of hanging out with the babysitter and coloring shrinky dinks all night long ... all in anticipation of putting them in the oven just to watch them shrivel up.  It was fun.   I loved to color .... well, to be honest I still do.

A few years ago I purchased a bunch of Shrinky Dink products, and today I REMEMBERED that I had them!  HA HA!   I put them to use, and I'll tell ya, I can tell that I'm gonna need more of these sheets of plastic soon.

For those who do not know what a shrinky dink is ... read here ...

For today's project over at Little Scraps of Heaven, I decided to use one of the finished PNG files to print on a shrinky dink piece of paper and make into a unique one of a kind charm.   I used the paper special for ink jet printers HERE.   The instructions that came with the paper are so easy, and they even give you suggestions of sizes in which to print your pictures out (since you obviously have to print them MUCH larger than what they turn out to be).

I created this page border that will fit a 12x12 page.
I used the new patterned titled "Just Plane Cute".
I used one of the finished PNG files for the charm.
I also used the Cricut cartridge "Boys will be Boys" to cut out the Plane-shaped tag.


I really like how this came together and you can be sure that you will be seeing more charms like this from me in the future :)






1 comment:

  1. Very cute! I have been wanting to try some shrinky dinks but always dorget about them when I am shopping~~Good to know they have ink jet printable ones!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...